The Search is on For Morph’s Epic Artists!
Whizz-Kidz, the UK’s leading charity for young wheelchair users, is calling on London Artists to join Morph’s Epic Art Adventure, the UK’s first step-free art trail of its kind.
- Commission fee: £1,000
- Deadline for design submissions: midnight, Tuesday 1st November 2022
- Announcement date for selected designs: 29th November 2022
From 19th June to 20th August 2023, central London will be transformed by super-sized Morph sculptures, providing an exciting must-see attraction of a much-loved character, whilst increasing public awareness about the need for young wheelchair users to be mobile, enabled and included in society.
In partnership with Wild in Art and Aardman, Whizz-Kidz hopes to use the Art Trail to encourage the public, business community and young people to envision what a more inclusive world might look like for young wheelchair users, and what role they might wish to play in making this a reality.
Located alongside some of London’s most iconic landmarks, each Morph sculpture
will be uniquely designed by an epic artist – that’s where you come in!
The search is on for a diverse group of London Artists to transform up to 70 Morph sculptures into playful, fun and cheeky designs, just like Morph’s character and family of friends: Chas, Delilah, Nailbrush, Grandmorph and The Very Small Creatures.
Whatever your level of experience, we want to hear from you and most importantly see your ideas. The Morphs are 3D blank canvases and incredibly versatile. We’re looking for a wide variety of designs and artistic styles that explore different themes around diversity, accessibility and London’s rich history.
“What characterises this new public art is engagement and participation. The walls between the elite who produce art and those who observe it are disappearing, and art has broken out. This kind of art is not something you choose to go and visit, it goes to make itself an audience.” Demos Institute
Join a talented team of artists, let your creativity run wild, and be part of enabling everyone to have epic adventures in London!
Benefits of Becoming a Sponsor
There are so many business benefits of sponsoring a Morph sculpture.
- Gain media exposure for your business
- Be part of an event which brings thousands of visitors to your local community
- Improve brand awareness for your business or organisation in a unique and memorable way that will get everyone talking
- Build a feel-good factor among your employees, customers and stakeholders
- Align your business with a well-respected local charity which provides vital services for people in your local community
- Be part of something amazing
A Wild in Art Event
Wild in Art is the leading producer of spectacular public art events and creative projects which enrich, entertain, inform and connect communities – giving people of all ages a voice through art.Find out more